Saturday, April 4, 2009

Summary

went to 1st Fridays last night. It was ok, hung out with some family and ran into a colleague turns out he's buddies with my cousin; small world. Today i went to Superior on another field excursion. This one was very interesting because i witnessed a lot of predation in the wild. I was walking along a trail and from the ridge beside me a snake lunged out chasing after a prospective meal, a lizard. It got away so the snake slithers into the nearest hole. I just stood there in awe, and a little disgust. The next encounter i witnessed was i looked up into a tree and saw this perched bird bobbing its head up and down. I used my binoculars and determined the bird to be a female Cooper's Hawk and it was bobbing up and down because she was plucking today's meal; poor little finch. It was cool but i got grossed out when i saw her rip a huge chunk of flesh from the unfortunate song bird.

Nature is cruel just read Moby Dick

No comments: